Hello Arattarangetram viewers,
Welcome to Season II of Arattarangetram. This is the second part of Episode I of Arattarangetram Season II. In this episode, our special guest is Anjana Rajan, Visiting professor at New Delhi’s National School of Drama and the Shriram Centre for Art and Culture, and Correspondent and senior assistant editor with The Hindu from New Delhi.
Raghu’s Segment – Dance history
00:33 – Raghu’s question: “In recent years, there has been a reduction in space for dance writing in print media. What are your thoughts on that?”
1:28 – Anjana Rajan touches upon the following topics:
- Entertainment is given more prominent
- Commercial aspect
- In early days, the review was published the day after the performance and that was a norm, which changed to once a week publication.
- Readership for arts and theatre writing
- Editorial matters: who is listening to whom?
- What are the other alternatives space for arts/dance based journalism?
- Gyan Darshan event with live audience and audience calling in. The reach is from interior of the country.
13:34 – “What do you think the philosophical difference between acting and abhinaya? How do people in theatre react to emoting in dance?”
28:30 – “Some Dance compositions – prior to Margam”