Second Episode of Arattarangetram:
This episode is dedicated to Late Padmabhushan Guru Dr. Vempati Chinna Satyam
Special Guest: Kishore Mosalikanti
00:15 – Subha introducing the guest artist
00:58 – Kishore Mosalikanti sharing his experience about his guru.
06:30 – Discussing the Kuchipudi dance drama “Krishna Parijatham” by Uma Murali Krishna and Group. This was choreographed by Padmabhushan Guru Dr. Vempati Chinna Satyam
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt8zgCY2V_U
09:53 – Discussing the Tarangam in Kuchipudi
14:25 – Discussing the Narada and Krishna conversation in the dance drama “Krishna Parijatham”
20:23 – Discussing Bhama Pravesha Daruvu from “Krishna Parijatham”,
followed by more discussions on Kuchipudi.
26:20 – Pallava sculptures related to dance.
First sculpture depicting Nataraja – Seeyamangalam
Kuncita Karana of Shiva – Kailasanathar temple, Kanchipuram
Court Dancer – Vaikunta Perumal Temple, Kanchipuram
- Cave Temples of the Pallavas by K R Srinivasan (1964 and 1993), Archaeological Survey of India
“Mahendrar Kudavarigal” by M. Nalini and R. Kalaikovan, Alamu Publications, Trichy (2004).
36:55 – Discussion on nattuvangam in Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam and Mohiniattam
41:26 – Recording practices of live performances by audiences.
Clip shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm7A6_qHLOc
Some questions asked:
- Can we control the audience completely?
- Is there IP rights for Indian traditional music and dance performances?
- Archiving choreography vs. piracy of choreography
- What about Ethical values of requesting a copy of the music/choreography/video?